The Invitation at Christmas is to BELIEVE AGAIN.
Received in most congregations on December 11 and 18
The Word from the church is to Believe in a Deeper Hope that moves beyond the “wrappings” of Christmas around us. We proclaim a Hope that brings Good News, Joy and Compassion for all of God’s people. THIS DEEPER HOPE IS MADE REAL IN ALL OF OUR REGIONS AS WE:
- Assist congregations and leaders in claiming their unique mission and ministry, and provide resources and support.
- Call, commission and ordain new pastors, and support and equip all pastors for their ministries.
- Revitalize existing congregations and plan for new congregations.
- Connect Regional Disciples to give witness to ministries of justice, hope and compassion.
- Provide camps, conferences and retreats where children and youth find hope and Christ’s love and a community of faith that embraces “everyone.”
- Make visible the care for all of God’s family through ministries of reconciliation and anti-racism.
- Call and equip passionate leaders for today’s church.
- Provide pastoral care for clergy and congregations.
The Christmas Special Day offering supports all of these and many other ministries of our Region. Your generous gifts make a difference in our shared ministries in the Region.